A. Children love delicious snacks, but unfortunately the majority of these snacks
are pre-packaged and high in calories and low in nutrients!
Here is a list of healthy sweet snacks that are still appetizing
- Colorful fruit salad (made from watermelon or cantaloupe, peaches, pears, strawberries)
- Milk with whole-grain cereals.
- Fruit smoothie made with your child’s favorite fruit blended with milk or plain
yogurt and ½ a teaspoon of honey.
- Peanut butter sandwich.
- Your own homemade desserts such as custard or mouhallabieh or sponge cake which
is low in fat and sugar.
- Milk with cocoa powder and a banana.
- Fruit popsicle (mix his preferred seasonal fruit with milk and freeze in popsicles.)
If your child’s up to a salty snack, you can offer him/her these attractive
- Popcorn prepared with a little oil.
- Crackers or cut vegetables with labneh or hummus dip.
- Halloumi cheese on a brown toast served with cherry tomatoes.
- Cheese dippers (bread sticks packaged with a cream cheese dip).