For millions of people around the world the best way to start the day is with a
warm cup of coffee. But did you know that besides its invigorating aroma, reviving
taste and distinctive flavour, your cup of coffee contains a bunch of benefits for
health and well-being.
1. Coffee is the No. 1 source of antioxidants! New research has shown that
coffee is a rich source of antioxidants, and contributes significantly to your daily
total antioxidant intake. Antioxidants can help protect your cells from oxidation
and your body from heart disease, cancer and premature aging!
2. Decaf has all same antioxidants! Whether you choose a caffeinated or decaffeinated
blend, you will still get all the benefits of antioxidants since both contain similar
3. Coffee helps you learn better and stay more alert at work! Studies show
that people who drink coffee are relaxed and more interested in their work. The
caffeine in coffee helps restore and maintain alertness – improving performance
and enhancing your mood. It is the perfect brew to get you through the second half
of the working day! When studying, coffee helps improve attention and wakefulness,
increasing attentiveness and by that it facilitates learning.
4. Coffee also enhances your physical performance! According to research,
caffeine plays a role in providing energy for better physical performance. This
could help athletes perform better at endurance exercises of short and long durations,
as well as high intensity routines. It can also reduce post-workout muscle pain
and feelings of fatigue during the last minutes of work-out.
5. Zero calories in every cup! 1 cup of soluble coffee (NESCAFE®) has less
than 2 calories. In fact it is what you add to the coffee that adds calories. So
remember to have your cup with less sugar and low fat milk or creamer!
6. Coffee can help protect your skin! Your skin is constantly exposed to
harmful external factors such as UV light, which can affect the health of your cells
and cause cell damage. But with the antioxidant-rich properties of coffee, you can
help your skin fight the damaging effects of the sun and prevent wrinkles as well.
7. Coffee can help ease headaches! Research suggests that a cup of coffee
could help relieve migraine symptoms and even stop it if consumed at the very early
stage of a headache. This is because substances that dilate blood vessels cause
vascular headaches. While substances like caffeine constrict blood vessels and help
counter the painful effects of blood vessel dilation in your head.
8. Coffee does not interfere with calcium absorption! A popular misconception
is that drinking coffee may lead to calcium loss from the body. However, recent
evidence has shown that coffee has no negative effect on bone health. And of course,
strong healthy bones are a result of a diet rich in calcium. Come to think of it,
preparing your coffee with a full glass of milk will actually help you meet your
needs in calcium.
9. You can drink 3-4 cups a day! For most coffee drinkers, the recommendation
for moderate consumption is 300 mg of caffeine per day or the equivalent of 3-4
cups of soluble coffee.
10. Soluble coffee is 100% coffee! Soluble coffee is processed using pure
coffee beans and water with no additives at all! It’s the selection of beans and
the distinctive roasting process that provides its special aroma.
Drinking coffee is a great way to get together with family and friends! Sipping
up, sharing conversations, it lifts our moods, relieves stress and enhances your
performance in many ways! So the next time you’re looking for something to relax
or cheer you up, reach out and experience the invigorating benefits of a refreshing
cup of coffee!