choose your personal experience
For millions of people around the world the best way to start the day is with a warm cup of coffee. But did you know that besides its invigorating aroma, reviving taste and distinctive flavour, your cup of coffee contains a bunch of benefits for health and well-being.
Here are some exciting facts you might not know about coffee:
1. Coffee is the No. 1 source of antioxidants! New research has shown that coffee is a rich source of antioxidants, and contributes significantly to your daily total antioxidant intake. Antioxidants can help protect your cells from oxidation and your body from heart disease, cancer and premature aging!
2. Decaf has all same antioxidants! Whether you choose a caffeinated or decaffeinated blend, you will still get all the benefits of antioxidants since both contain similar content!
3. Coffee helps you learn better and stay more alert at work! Studies show that people who drink coffee are relaxed and more interested in their work. The caffeine in coffee helps restore and maintain alertness – improving performance and enhancing your mood. It is the perfect brew to get you through the second half of the working day! When studying, coffee helps improve attention and wakefulness, increasing attentiveness and by that it facilitates learning.
4. Coffee also enhances your physical performance! According to research, caffeine plays a role in providing energy for better physical performance. This could help athletes perform better at endurance exercises of short and long durations, as well as high intensity routines. It can also reduce post-workout muscle pain and feelings of fatigue during the last minutes of work-out.
5. Zero calories in every cup! 1 cup of soluble coffee (NESCAFE®) has less than 2 calories. In fact it is what you add to the coffee that adds calories. So remember to have your cup with less sugar and low fat milk or creamer!
6. Coffee can help protect your skin! Your skin is constantly exposed to harmful external factors such as UV light, which can affect the health of your cells and cause cell damage. But with the antioxidant-rich properties of coffee, you can help your skin fight the damaging effects of the sun and prevent wrinkles as well.
7. Coffee can help ease headaches! Research suggests that a cup of coffee could help relieve migraine symptoms and even stop it if consumed at the very early stage of a headache. This is because substances that dilate blood vessels cause vascular headaches. While substances like caffeine constrict blood vessels and help counter the painful effects of blood vessel dilation in your head.
8. Coffee does not interfere with calcium absorption! A popular misconception is that drinking coffee may lead to calcium loss from the body. However, recent evidence has shown that coffee has no negative effect on bone health. And of course, strong healthy bones are a result of a diet rich in calcium. Come to think of it, preparing your coffee with a full glass of milk will actually help you meet your needs in calcium.
9. You can drink 3-4 cups a day! For most coffee drinkers, the recommendation for moderate consumption is 300 mg of caffeine per day or the equivalent of 3-4 cups of soluble coffee.
10. Soluble coffee is 100% coffee! Soluble coffee is processed using pure coffee beans and water with no additives at all! It’s the selection of beans and the distinctive roasting process that provides its special aroma.
Drinking coffee is a great way to get together with family and friends! Sipping up, sharing conversations, it lifts our moods, relieves stress and enhances your performance in many ways! So the next time you’re looking for something to relax or cheer you up, reach out and experience the invigorating benefits of a refreshing cup of coffee!
Your bio is currently empty. Now is a great time to fill in your profile.
This profile is private.
This profile is only shared with friends.
This profile is under review.
We were unable to request friendship with this user.
We were unable to request friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
Your friendship request has been sent to this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
You are no longer friends with this user.
We were unable to ignore this user.
We were unable to ignore this user. Are you logged in?
This user is now ignored.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user. Are you logged in?
This user is no longer ignored.
We encountered a problem recommending this user.
You have recommended this user.
Please limit your comment length to less than 2000 characters.
What Do You Think?
Thanks for submitting your comment. It will appear after editor approval.
We were unable to post your comment to Twitter.
We were unable to post your comment to Facebook.
We were unable to post your comment to LinkedIn.
We restrict rapid posting of multiple comments for quality reasons. You have already posted a comment within the last several seconds. Please try again later.
We limit the number of comments, reviews, and postings an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try resubmitting your comment again later.
We are unable to add your comment at this time.
We are unable to add your comment. Are you logged in?
We will not add your comment until you remove the following words: .
We're sorry, but the comment you are replying to has been removed from the site.
Please let us know what you think.
Please shorten your comment to characters.
characters left character left characters must be removed character must be removed
To leave a comment, you need to sign up.
Logging in with your Facebook account
Write a reply
We're sorry. We were unable to report abuse at this time.
We limit the number of reactions an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try resubmitting your abuse report again later.
Comment is too long. Enter 500 characters or less.
You may send this to 5 e-mail addresses. Please separate each address with a space.
We're sorry, but the item you are sending has been removed from the site.
We're sorry. We were unable to send the email at this time.
Please specify a recipient.
You can only send messages to 5 addresses at a time.
The address "" is not valid.
Please specify a subject.
Score vote upvotes up vote downvotes down
Click on the menu icon to open and browse the site menu.
You can click on it from any page.
You can change how you view the site by clicking on the List icon as shown. You
are now in the Grid view.