choose your personal experience
I’m sure you’ve heard of, or maybe even tried, the magic soup diet, or the grapefruit diet, both promising fast weight loss. However, you should be very careful of the miracle diets you hear about in the media, since they are not based on sound nutritional practice.
In fact, you’ll be surprised at the risk you put your body in, every time you go on a fad diet program.
Besides being misleading, fad diets can lead to potentially serious health and emotional issues:
1. Dehydration and loss of muscles: Following a fad diet can lead to an imbalanced weight reduction, sometimes consisting of up to a 75% drop in muscles and water content, and only 25% from fat deposits.
2. Loss of some vitamins and minerals: Losing water makes your body lose vitamins and minerals that are necessary to maintain your energy and vitality.
3. Fatigue and dizziness: Being on a very low calorie diet can make you feel tired and dizzy, because of the low glucose levels in your blood. Your face will look thinner; you will look pale, but the fat in your hips or tummy will probably remain there.
4. Recurring feelings of depression: Deprivation weakens your will. After some time, you’ll feel more tempted to eat and once you go back to your old eating habits, you will definitely regain all the weight you lost. You then find yourself stuck in a vicious cycle that is very hard to break: dieting and losing weight, stopping the diet and regaining all the weight. This can cause mood swings that leave you depressed, and eventually lead to you giving up.
5. Other risks:- Stopping of menstruation, especially teenagers - Fertility problems in women- Low levels of iron in the blood (Anemia)- Bone loss and a high risk of developing osteoporosis in the future.
It’s nice to look like your favorite model, but you should make sure to do it the right way. And the best way to lose weight and maintain it is to follow a balanced diet moderately low in calories, along with regular physical activity. This way you’ll achieve slow but steady weight loss, while preserving your vitamin and mineral reserves, maintaining your energy, and feeling motivated and satisfied. To follow a healthy sound eating plan that meets your nutritional needs, refer to a dietitian to get professional assistance.
Your bio is currently empty. Now is a great time to fill in your profile.
This profile is private.
This profile is only shared with friends.
This profile is under review.
We were unable to request friendship with this user.
We were unable to request friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
Your friendship request has been sent to this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user.
We were unable to terminate friendship with this user. Are you logged in?
You are no longer friends with this user.
We were unable to ignore this user.
We were unable to ignore this user. Are you logged in?
This user is now ignored.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user.
We were unable to stop ignoring this user. Are you logged in?
This user is no longer ignored.
We encountered a problem recommending this user.
You have recommended this user.
Please limit your comment length to less than 2000 characters.
What Do You Think?
Thanks for submitting your comment. It will appear after editor approval.
We were unable to post your comment to Twitter.
We were unable to post your comment to Facebook.
We were unable to post your comment to LinkedIn.
We restrict rapid posting of multiple comments for quality reasons. You have already posted a comment within the last several seconds. Please try again later.
We limit the number of comments, reviews, and postings an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try resubmitting your comment again later.
We are unable to add your comment at this time.
We are unable to add your comment. Are you logged in?
We will not add your comment until you remove the following words: .
We're sorry, but the comment you are replying to has been removed from the site.
Please let us know what you think.
Please shorten your comment to characters.
characters left character left characters must be removed character must be removed
To leave a comment, you need to sign up.
Logging in with your Facebook account
Write a reply
We're sorry. We were unable to report abuse at this time.
We limit the number of reactions an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try resubmitting your abuse report again later.
Comment is too long. Enter 500 characters or less.
You may send this to 5 e-mail addresses. Please separate each address with a space.
We're sorry, but the item you are sending has been removed from the site.
We're sorry. We were unable to send the email at this time.
Please specify a recipient.
You can only send messages to 5 addresses at a time.
The address "" is not valid.
Please specify a subject.
Score vote upvotes up vote downvotes down
Click on the menu icon to open and browse the site menu.
You can click on it from any page.
You can change how you view the site by clicking on the List icon as shown. You
are now in the Grid view.