As time passes and although you are still young, when you look in the mirror and see puffiness in your eyes, the presence of dark circles and fine lines around them, these signs on your face will start you worry you.
Is it possible to keep the glow in our eyes and make them look healthier through healthy nutrition and lifestyle tips?
Nutrition plays a role in your eye health. Four special nutrients; Vitamin C, E, A and Zinc can help reduce your risk of a common eye problem prevalence by up to 35%. So make sure you get the right amount of antioxidants through a healthy balanced and varied diet.
Foods that have great impact on your eye health and beauty include:
1. Fruits (especially those rich in vitamin C): Fill up on oranges, mangoes and strawberries
2. Vegetable sources of vitamin A: Eat more carrots, peaches, papaya, spinach and mangoes
3. High Zinc food sources: Include turkey, chicken, yogurt and fortified cereals in your diet
4. Nuts and seeds: Such as almonds, nuts, and sunflower seeds are rich sources of Vitamin E
For healthy eyes, try these natural beauty tips:
- Try to rest and get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
- Exercise regularly to improve circulation. This way you eyes will get enough oxygen
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
- Do not rub your eyes
- Use clean cotton balls and a cleanser to clean your eyes
- Protect your eyes from sunrays by using sunglasses especially during the peak hour to avoid any damage
- Apply slices of cucumber and potatoes on your eyes. This will avoid wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes
- For more individualized approach, you can consult a dermatologist.
Good to Remember:
For healthy eyes, do not forget to eat lots of yellow orange fruits and vegetables such as carrots and apricots.