If you’re wondering how you and your family can start the day with energy and vitality, why not try oats – one of the healthiest choices for a good breakfast!
Oats are whole grains with high nutritional value, containing proteins and carbohydrates plus 7 vitamins and 9 minerals, in addition to a special kind of fibre which gives you the following benefits:
- Helps decrease cholesterol level in the blood and thus reduces the risks of heart diseases: 3g of these fibers daily (contained in 1 cup of oats) reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood from 8% to 23%.
- Controls the level of sugar in the blood, which makes it good for diabetics.
- Regulates the digestive process, reduces digestive problems and constipation.
- Can help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight because it gives a feeling of fullness.
So, make oats a part of your list of healthy foods and offer it to your family whenever you have the chance.
Good to know: You can cook oats by mixing it in milk on low heat, and serve it with banana slices, fresh strawberries, raisins or dried fruits.
Take a look at the easy and tasty recipe below:
Oats with Milk
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 persons
- 4 cups or 1 liter dissolved NIDO full cream powder
- 1 cup or 100g oats
- 1½ or 2 tablespoons sugar (as per taste)
- 2 bananas
Method of preparation:
- Add prepared milk and oats in a large casserole.
- Bring to boil with stirring then cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- Slice banana into small slices and add on top of the oats mixture.