On the television, in movies or in magazines, wherever you look you see people with smooth, clear skin (mostly of course due to the effects of make up!). But even then, it may make you wonder, “how come they have such fresh, wonderful skin?
In fact, one of the answers could be something very simple: water!
Water is not only vital for a healthy body, but also essential for clear and vitalized skin. It aids blood circulation and helps in the transport of necessary nutrients to all body cells, making you feel and look good.
Additionally, water helps eliminate toxins from the body and impurities from the skin. And well hydrated skin will result in a healthy and glowing complexion. So we advise you to hydrate your body and skin well, especially during the hot, summer days.
How many glasses of water per day?
Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and more when it is hot. Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories.
Other fluids beneficial for your skin health:
- Unsweetened fluids: include fresh fruit juices (in moderation). A great choice would be low fat or skimmed milk, which will not only provide you with fluids, but also with essential nutrients for your bones and your overall body.
- Herbal infusions: 1 cup of anise or chamomile in the evening gives you fluids and soothes your stomach.
- Green tea and coffee: In moderate amounts, these are full of healthy antioxidants that help protect your body and skin cells from damage.
The best time to drink water and fluids:
- Simple: Drink before you get thirsty. Because when you feel thirst, you are already dehydrated.
- In the early morning
- Anytime during the day, before or after meals
- With dry foods to facilitate swallowing and digestion
All in all, water is one of the most important liquids for your health and appearance. The more you make sure you have enough, the better you will hydrate your body from within. You can also try moisturizing skin-care products - for an outside glow to complement the glow within.