Soup, a traditional dish at Iftar, adds variety to every table during the holy month of Ramadan. With its many different types and flavours, it’s not only a delicious tradition, but also offers many health benefits.
Starting with soup at Iftar will replenish the fluids lost in your body while fasting during the day. It also prepares your digestive system for the rest of the meal and helps maintain a healthy digestive system. In addition, soup is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are essential for the body, especially during Ramadan as it stays for a long period of the day without food.
THE BENEFITS OF SOUP INCLUDE:
- Warmth and flexibility: Starting your Iftar meal with soup warms the stomach after a long day and helps in preventing bloating or any stomach discomfort
- Rich in fluids: Soups are rich in water, which is hydrating for body cells and beneficial for a healthy glowing complexion
- A healthy nutritious dish: Soups are healthy dishes made from nutritious ingredients such as vegetables, meat, chicken, legumes and rice. The healthy way in which soups are prepared help preserve all their nutritional value in the cooking water and maintain its richness in vitamins, minerals and proteins
- Full of healthy fibres: Its richness in fibre (such as vegetable and legume soups) helps regulate the function of your digestive system and reduce bloating and constipation
- A rich taste: Rich in flavour for you and your family, it is easy to chew and swallow, and a great meal for kids and the elderly.
- Feeling of satiety: Soups offer a feeling of fullness and this will allow you to control your meal portions and eat smaller quantities at Iftar.
EXAMPLES OF HEALTHY SOUPS:
- Lentil soup: rich in proteins and iron
- Vegetable soup: rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals
- Chicken and rice soup: rich in proteins, iron, and carbohydrates
So go ahead, give yourself and your family a nutritious dish during Ramadan, with a healthy variety of soups each and every day!
GOOD TO KNOW:
MAGGI soups offer you a wealth of creative ideas for delicious and nutritious soups to make your Ramadan a month of health and wellness.